You are creating buttons for a website or any other graphic projects. So you should add a bevel to the buttons to look classic and sets them apart from the surroundings. You can create a bevel button in photoshop to follow a few steps.
In this article, we are going to show you, how to create beveled buttons in photoshop within few minutes. If you are a newbie in photoshop then you are welcome to this article. As a photoshop beginner, we hope it would be helpful for you.
1. Open Photoshop then create a new window, Click File –> New or press (CTL+N),
Width:150pixels, Height:100pixels, Resolution: 72 pixels/inch, Color Mode: RGB color, Background Contents:White
Note: You can add any width and height, as you wish.
2. Create a new layer, from top menu click Layer->New–> layer –> ok or Press (CTL+SHIFT+N). Then chose the Rounded Rectangular Tool and make a button shape like at the left.
3. Next right click on the layer you made early and choose blending options. You can use the fx icon from the layer panel for blending options. from the blending options window, select the gradient Overlay then follow the below image and click OK.
4. Now your button should look like the below image.
5. Select the layer and press CTL+Enter or Ctrl+Click on the layer to select it.
6. Then go to Select > Modify > Contract, Contract by 3 pixels. Now create a new layer () and fill it with the same button color as shown to the left.
And do as shown below, don’t forget to tick Reverse. Otherwise, you won’t get the effect. Click OK, you are done!
8. Successfully created a beveled button
Thanks for reading the post. Now we think you can create an eye catchy beveled button easily. If you think the article was very helpful for you then feel free to share the post and drop a comment below.